Ed Sheeran's Belfast gig: Everything you need to know
The wait is almost over! Ed Sheeran will perform in Belfast on Wednesday 9th May at Boucher Road Playing fields.
The sold-out gig is set to be a night to remember! Fancy winning a pair of tickets to see Ed on Wednesday night? Click here to enter!
Ahead of the gig, Aiken Promotions have issued important information for fans. Fans are being urged not to bring a bag unless it is definitely necessary (NO bags larger than A4 size will be allowed) Also, umbrellas are not permitted. Read more below.
What time does the concert open?
The venue will open at 5pm on the show day. Early queuing will not be permitted in the streets before 5pm. The site is close to a residential area and promoters are asking ticket holders to respect the privacy of the residents and the local community.
What are the stage times?
The opening acts for Ed Sheeran will be very special guests Anne-Marie, Jamie Lawson & Beoga. Click here to listen to Q Radio's exclusive interview with Anne-Marie.
Stage times are as follows:
6:30pm Jamie Lawson
7:30pm Anne Marie
8:45pm Ed Sheeran
***Please note all times subject to change***
Will there be parking available?
There is no parking available in the vicinity of the venue. Patrons are advised to park in the City Centre and either walk to the Concert, or avail of the Translink Metro and rails Services. The area will be monitored by NSL Parking Enforcement and illegally parked cars may be clamped or towed away.
Drop off & Pick Up
There will not be any ‘drop off’ points in the area of the Event Site. ‘Drop offs’ and ‘Pick ups’ should be arranged at locations well away from the Event Site
- Taxi drop-offs will be located at Apollo Road/Wild Flower Way and the lay by close to the Kings Hall on the Lisburn Road.
- It is an estimated 10-15 minute walk from Apollo Road/Wild Flower Way to the concert venue.
- It is an estimated 15 – 20 minute walk from Kings Hall to the concert venue
- Taxi drop-offs will not be permitted in any other areas in the vicinity of the concert venue.
- It is anticipated that there will be traffic congestion and traffic diversions on Boucher Road after the concert. There will not be any ‘pick up’ points close to the Event Site.
Metro Bus Service
- Translink Metro will be providing a Service from Donegall Square East to an area in the vicinity of the concert venue.
- The shuttle service will run on a first come, first served basis.
- This is the Metro Service 92
- Outbound shuttles will operate from 15:10 to 19:34 every 12 minutes.
- Return shuttles will operate from 22:15 to 23:42 every 3 minutes.
- Metro bus service to city centre after the concert from Stockmans lane.
- Translink will be providing an extensive service before and after the concert to and from the Balmoral Halt.
- Patrons can book online for day return rail travel to Ed Sheeran, which covers outward journey from your departure station to Balmoral Rail Station and return journey from Balmoral Rail Station to your chosen destination.
- Rail Shuttle Services: Operate between 22:45 to 23:45.
- Distance from Balmoral Station to the Venue 0.06 miles and takes about 12 minutes.
- Online bookings close at 2pm on Monday 7th May.
- Tickets will be available to purchase at the following stations: Portadown, Lurgan, Lisburn, Great Victoria Street, Central, Carrickfergus, Coleraine and Bangor.
- Please see the Translink website for further details via www.translink.co.uk
For the latest information visit: www.aikenpromotions.com. DOWNLOAD the Ed Sheeran Irish Tour App today in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.