Final audition registration call for the MAC's first youth theatre programme
You have until midnight today to register for the MAC Youth Theatre auditions.
Be a part of the brand-new MAC Youth Theatre - a life changing opportunity to develop theatre skills and perform live on the MAC stage. You’ll also receive mentoring from some of Belfast’s most talented professionals and gain an accredited Arts Award qualification, to formally recognise your work and development.
If successful, you will become part of the MAC’s first ever Youth Theatre programme that aims to give young performers and stage managers first-hand experience in producing and managing stage productions.
The MAC Youth Theatre is open to young people aged 16-18 years of all abilities and no previous drama experience is required. Participation costs £50 per term. While participating in the programme, members will also partake in arts award qualifications which will formally recognise their participation and development.
Championing inclusivity, a bursary scheme has also been created by the MAC to support young people from low income families who wish to take part in the new youth theatre programme.
Opening auditions for the 2017-18 term will take place this summer from 22-24 August through a series of fun group workshops. Rehearsals for successful applicants will launch in September, taking place every Tuesday night in the LAB rehearsal studio at the MAC.
For more information on the MAC's Youth Theatre see below, or visit here.
You can now submit your application to be part of MAC Youth Theatre 17/18. Closing date for applications: Wed 9 Aug 2017
- You must be age 16-18 at the time of audition to apply.
- Click Book Now to choose your audition slot.
- Create a MAC account, if you haven’t already.
- Check your emails – you’ll be sent an application form. Complete this and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAC Youth Theatre launches 22 August 2017 with auditions for all applicants.
- Weekly rehearsals for 20 successful students will begin in September and will run every Tuesday night for 2017/18 term.
- MAC Youth Theatre end of term showcase is scheduled for April 2018, with a performance in the Downstairs Theatre.
- It is free to audition for MAC YT.
- For those successful at the audition stage, participation in MAC Youth Theatre will cost £50 per term with a means-tested bursary scheme available.
- Please contact email@example.com for more information on MAC YT Bursary Scheme.