Terms & Conditions
General Competition Terms & Conditions
- All contestants must be over 18 years of age unless stated otherwise;
- Contestants can enter each competition only once unless otherwise stated;
- Unless otherwise stated, contestants are those who have called the station during the competition period and are chosen at random by the presenter in line with the advertised promotion of the competition;
- Q Radio reserves the right to request proof of a winner’s identity. If a prize winner’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us;
- Prizes must be claimed within 28 days;
- Please note prizes are sent via Royal Mail normal post, special/recorded delivery services are not used.
- Once all prizes are dispatched from Q Radio we no longer are responsible
- The competition will run until the competition has been completed, this will be advertised on air;
- The radio station reserves the right not to give away any prize if no winner is found;
- There is only one prize per competition unless otherwise stated;
- All prizes are offered in good faith;
- Decisions relating to competitions or the redemption of prizes are at the sole discretion of management and decisions are final – no further correspondence will be entered in to. This includes questions, concerns, tiebreakers, conflicts and disputes;
- Prizes are normally provided to Q Radio by a third party or a sponsor. The liability for the delivery of the prize rests with the third party or sponsor. If the third party or sponsor cannot deliver the prize, Q Radio is not liable for its provision;
- Q Radio make no representation or warranty in relation to prizes and shall have no liability to any prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise. No further, additional or other costs are included in any prize, unless otherwise stated;
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, Q Radio shall not have any liability to any entrant or prize winner, however caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, lost prizes, damages and other liabilities;
- Employees, relatives, friends and partners of Q Radio(past and present) any parent or associated companies, or any of the co-sponsors of the competition are not eligible to enter any competition;
- Q Radio reserves the right to alter or amend these rules at any time;
- Q Radio reserves the right to suspend the competition or cancel the competition at any time;
- Q Radio reserves the right to replace stated prizes at any time with prizes we consider to be of broadly equivalent value;
- There is no cash alternative to any prize and all prizes are strictly non-transferable, unless otherwise stated. All prizes are subject to availability;
- Failure to gain access to competitions due to technical difficulties, engaged phone lines, or for any other reason is not the responsibility of the radio station;
- All copyright remains the property of Q Radio, including on-air broadcast and photos or images of winners;
- By entering competitions all contestants agree to be used in publicity, on air promotion and by any means deemed fit for the promotion of the station;
- No person or members of their immediate family who has won a competition is permitted to enter another station promotion for a period of three months;
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding competitions. Q Radio's representative’s decision is final;
- Any contestant entering competitions giving false or misleading information will be disqualified and any prizes won will be withdrawn. This includes, but is not limited to, name, address, telephone numbers and details of previously won prizes;
- For every competition, each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details will be used for the purpose of administering the competition;
- Unless otherwise stated, holiday prizes consist of flights and/or accommodation only. Insurance, spending money, airport and other taxes, and other expenses are costs for the prize winner and unless otherwise stated are not part of holiday prizes. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they hold relevant and valid travel documentation, including but not limited to a passport. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to check government travel advisories and determine whether to accept the risk of travelling to the destination. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to obtain any inoculation required by the destination. Holiday prizes must be redeemed within six months unless otherwise stated and Q Radio shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage if a holiday prize is not redeemed, in full or in part, for any reason.
If the prize involves the winner attending an event, Q Radio shall not be liable or responsible if any part of the event is cancelled, altered or rescheduled for any reason. If a winner cannot attend an event, Q Radio has no obligation to provide an alternative.
THE Q Radio Superbus
- No alcohol or food permitted on the Q Radio Superbus at any time.
- Q Radio reserves the right to refuse any intoxicated individual entry to the Q Radio Superbus.
- Q Radio reserves the right to exclude any person from the bus. Security personnel’s decision is final.
- Bus pick-up/collection times and venues will be stated clearly in advance of travel. Patrons must be at the correct venues at the correct times, the Q Radio Superbus will not wait for any persons who are late.
- At all times, respect must be shown to the driver, security staff, Q Radio staff and all other passengers travelling on the bus.
- Q Radio cannot be held responsible for any documents, monies or personal items lost or stolen on the bus.
- For the Q Radio Cash Street giveaway, members of the public must be approached by a Q Radio team member to eligible to win.
Premium Rate Competitions
YOU MUST BE OVER 18 AND RESIDE IN NORTHERN IRELAND TO TAKE PART.
TEXTS COST £1.50 PLUS YOUR STANDARD NETWORK RATE. PLEASE GET PERMISSION FROM THE BILL PAYER BEFORE ENTERING.
For postal / email entries, please send your name, address, contact details and answer to Jonathan Gold Q Radio (QHQ) The Fountain Centre, College Street, Belfast, BT1 6ET. Entries to be received by 17.00 on Monday of the promotion or email@example.com
1.1. These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) shall be binding on you (and your guests where applicable) (together “you”) when entering this competition (“Competition”) which is operated by Northern Media Group 26 Balliniska Road Springtown Industrial Estate Londonderry BT48 0NA.
1.2. Entry and participation in the Competition shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Terms. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the Competition or the prizes form part of these Terms.
1.3. You must pass a copy of these Terms to your guest(s) (if applicable) and ensure that they comply with them.
1.4. You have made certain representations and warranties to the Promoter (both in these Terms and otherwise) in applying for a place in the Competition. The Promoter has relied on the accuracy and truth of such representations and warranties in granting a place to you. Should the Promoter or its agents become aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action undertaken in connection with the Competition or otherwise, or any act or omission which might have (in the Promoter’s opinion, which shall be final) an adverse effect on the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right to forfeit your place in the Competition (without giving any reason and without notice).
1.5. You agree to co-operate with and comply with all reasonable requests of the Promoter and its agents and employees in connection with the Competition.
2.1. The competition is open to residents of Northern Ireland aged 18+ only.
2.2. Employees of the Promoter, their families, press, agencies or any persons directly or indirectly connected with the Competition are not eligible to enter the Competition.
2.3 Either the winner or their guest must be over 18.
3.1. The Promoter reserves the right to immediately withdraw your place in the Competition or the prize specified below if it believes you to be in breach of any of your obligations, or representations and warranties, under these Terms or otherwise conduct yourself in a manner which is inappropriate or unsuitable (at the discretion of the Promoter). You shall be responsible for any additional costs in this respect (including the costs of your early return back home, if necessary). You will not by any act or omission do anything, which might bring the Promoter into disrepute.
3.2. You represent and warrant that you do not have any criminal convictions or criminal record and have not undertaken any past act or conduct which could affect the reputation of the Competition or the Promoter.
3.3. You will comply with the instructions and directions of the Promoter (failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification, at the Promoter’s direction).
3.4. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be void (at the Promoter’s absolute discretion).
3.5. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for entries which may be lost, or which are not received by the Promoter. Proof of sending an SMS text will not be accepted as proof of receipt (nor will proof that a text or voicemail message has been sent rather than received).
3.6. Late entries will not be accepted but may still be charged.
3.7. The decision of the Promoter’s judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
3.8. The winner will be contacted as soon as practicable on or after the draw date. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner on the phone number provided when entering the competition. Where the prize is time critical and a winner needs answer the phone within 1 call , If the winner cannot be contacted or successful contact is not made within the fixed period as specified or if they fail to provide an address for delivery of the prize or fail to meet any of the eligibility requirements, including but not limited to having a valid passport at the time of contact, or are otherwise unable to comply with the terms and conditions, this may result in forfeiture of the entire prize and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that entrant (without further liability to that entrant) and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
4.1. To enter the Competition either dial the premium rate number from the UK or send SMS texts as requested to the shortcode 88833 from the UK. The cost of each SMS text message will be £1.50 from the UK plus 1 standard rate message
4.2. The Competition starts (as stated on air and the website) and closes on (as stated on air and the website)
4.3. Q Radio will notify the winner on air within 60 mins of the text lines closing
4.4. Details of the Competition winner will be available by writing to the Promoter at the address referred to in Clause 1.1 of these Terms.
4.5. If the Promoter becomes aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action during or in relation to the Competition which relates in any way to a claim for a prize, then that claim will not be met unless it is proven to the satisfaction of the Promoter, that you had no actual or imputed knowledge of the such fraud or deceit or similar action. For the avoidance of doubt (and without limitation), if you provide an incorrect name, age, address or other incorrect information in relation to the entry, then the Promoter reserves the absolute right to treat your entry as invalid (whether or not such information comes to light before or after you have made the claim). If the fraud, deceit or other action is only discovered after the prize has been released, you undertake to return the same (or provide compensation) to the Promoter forthwith upon discovery by the Promoter.
4.6. By entering the competition if you are a UK entrant, you are agreeing to receive free SMS messages alerts informing you of our upcoming promotions. To opt out of receiving these messages text STOP to NUMBER or end your SMS entry with the words “STOP INFO”
6.1. You undertake not at any time to disclose, reveal, communicate or otherwise make public any information relating to the Promoter, its business, personnel, servants, agents or officers to anyone.
6.2. You may not publicise your involvement in the Competition or the fact that you have won a prize without the prior written permission of the Promoter.
7.1. Winners must as a condition of the Prize participate in all required publicity.
7.2. Without limitation to any other rights the Promoter may have in connection with your entry in to the Competition, the Promoter shall be entitled to refer to your association with the Competition and the Prize in all publicity, marketing and Competition material in connection therewith.
8.1. Text messaging charges incurred as a result of entrance to the Competition will be paid via your mobile phone service provider and shall be detailed, where possible, on your mobile phone bill. Please note the maximum charges specified in Clause 4 above.
9.1. The Promoter is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the Competition other than those costs and expenses specifically provided for in the Prize (if any). This exclusion does not include any liability, death or personal injury arising out of negligence by the Promoter.
9.2. The Promoter accepts no liability (and excludes all liability) for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings or for special, direct, indirect or consequential loss of any nature howsoever arising.
9.3. The Promoter shall not be liable to perform any of its obligations under the Competition or in respect of the prizes where it is unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its control and shall not be liable to compensate you in such circumstances.
10.1. You undertake to enter the Competition at your own risk and agree to indemnify the Promoter and its employees against all costs, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including for loss of reputation and goodwill and professional advisor’s fees) and any claim arising from your own actions in any way in connection with the Competition, the Prize or a breach of your obligations hereunder.
10.2. Other than as referred to herein there is no fee payable to you in respect of your involvement in the Competition.
10.3. You are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety standards and the general appropriateness of activities undertaken during the Competition and acknowledge that all activities are undertaken at your own risk.
10.4. The Promoter reserves the right to forfeit your place on the Competition or the Prize (without liability or compensation) if, in its opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption, or curtailment of the Competition.
10.5. These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law.
10.6. These Terms represent the entire agreement between the parties relating to the Competition and/or the Prize (unless otherwise expressly confirmed in writing by the Promoter) and supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). Except as specifically set out herein, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, no information of any nature about the Competition or the Prize or any of these Terms should be relied upon unless confirmed in writing by the Promoter. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or part of a Term or Condition does not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Terms.
10.7. The failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided hereunder or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or waiver of other rights or remedies. These Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
10.8. These Terms are not intended to nor shall create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party to them. Accordingly no person shall derive any benefit or have any right, entitlement or claim in relation to this Agreement by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
For any telephone or SMS queries or problems please call our helpline on: 028 9023 4967 from the UK. For any questions or comments regarding the prize and winners, please contact Q Radio or email: firstname.lastname@example.org