Club Classics Xtra with Carl Kinsman
Join Carl Kinsman for Club Classics every Saturday night from 9pm for the biggest party classics non-stop.
When he's not on the radio, Carl produces everything you hear that says "Q Radio"! Carl works behind the scenes as Head of Station Sound for the radio station.
Carl was once the youngest presenter on UK radio and still uses special cream to try and trick people into thinking he still is!
Find out more about Carl below...
- What’s the best thing about presenting on the Radio? Being able to talk without someone else talking over me.. unless I hit a wrong button! Ha I think I enjoy creating and being in a fun atmosphere talking and playing great music!
- What are your 3 favorite things? Things not people? A Robot housekeeper like in stepford wives. OK seriously. Anyone who knows me well would know I go everywhere with my phone (even swimming!) My Macbook and stuff I plug into it to make music and sounds etc. My Amazon Fire Box. They’re only things though I can’t take them with me when my times up!
- Name your top 3 dinner guests: Conan O’Brien, Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant.
- Tell us one thing that may surprise us about you: All my school friends would be shocked to know that I’m no longer the person that never cries… ever! These days I’m the opposite and my daughter makes fun of me when watching any sad or emotional films!
- Other than being a radio presenter, what other job would you like to have a go at? Acting. It’s what I most wanted to do as a child. I have tried it… by doing some stage acting such as ‘Mamma Mia’ playing Pierce Brosnans role Sam at the Lisburn Arts Theatre. Though I prefer acting in my own silly online videos as Improv is better than forgetting all your lines!
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? I have not traveled much but I like places with beautiful scenery rather than lying on a beach.
- What was the name of your first pet? Lassie. A corgi dog like the one the Queen has. Except we just had one of them not 30!
- What was your nickname at school? Just kinsman.