No Covid related deaths recorded in Northern Ireland

You are viewing content from Q North Coast 97.2. Would you like to make this your preferred location?

By Q Radio News

No further deaths of people who had previously tested positive for Covid-19 in Northern Ireland were reported by the Department of Health on Wednesday.

Another 123 confirmed cases of the virus were recorded in the last 24-hour reporting period.

On Wednesday morning, there were 118 Covid-positive confirmed inpatients in hospital, of whom 17 were in ICUs.

Meanwhile Northern Ireland’s health minister, Robin Swann, has said he is looking forward to receiving his coronavirus vaccine as the rollout is expanded to all those aged 45 and over.

Mr Swann, age 49, said he will get his jab “very shortly”.

The vaccination programme was widened on Wednesday to include the 45-49 age group.

By Tuesday 872,751 vaccines had been administered in the region, 740,729 of which were first doses and 132,022 were second doses.

All those who are eligible can book to receive their jab at a vaccination centre or participating community pharmacy, as well as the option of waiting for their GP to contact them to arrange their jab.

Mr Swann said he would encourage everyone who is eligible to make arrangements as soon as possible.

“I have something of an interest to declare with today’s announcement as I fall into the 45-49 age group,” he said.

“I am looking forward to getting my jab very shortly.”

More from Q Radio Local News


Join the Thank Q Club

Sign up for the Thank Q Club and receive exclusive offers, fun competitions and amazing prizes - it's quick and easy to do!

Sign Up Log In

Listen on the go

Download the Q Radio app to keep listening, wherever you are! It's available on Apple and Android devices.

Download from the App Store Download from Google Play