Applications open for the 'Metro Sessions' music competition- get entering now!
As part of the Sound of Belfast 2019 programme, Translink is hosting a brand-new music competition to discover some of the finest emerging talent in the country and connect them to the heart of the music industry.
Metro Sessions is now open and it’s free to enter.
Five short-listed acts will perform at a live event outside the gates of Belfast’s iconic City Hall in a bid to be crowned the overall winner following a public vote.
The winner will receive a £1000 cash prize, a recording studio package and music industry mentoring sessions.
HOW TO APPLY
1) Acts/musicians must submit a video of at least one song (live performance or music video) via the link below. This video may be uploaded directly or a link to YouTube, Vimeo or a similar service may be provided. This song may be either a cover version or original composition.
2) After the closing date of Thursday 17th October (5pm), all submissions will be viewed by a panel of industry professionals who will compile a shortlist of 5 finalists.
3) All finalists will be given the opportunity to work with professional film-makers to create social media videos to promote themselves and their involvement in the competition. These films will be shared across Translink’s social media channels and also by Oh Yeah Music Centre. Please note each Finalist must make themselves available for filming sessions on Wednesday 23rd October at Vault Studios (Belfast) - for a short social media profile video.
4) All finalists will be invited to perform at a live music event outside the gates of Belfast’s iconic City Hall on Saturday 2nd November (2pm to 5pm) to kick off a 48-hour public voting period to select a winner.
5) Following a public vote, an overall winner will be announced and will receive a £1000 cash prize plus a recording studio package and music industry mentoring sessions.